Everyone wants to have a dedicated pooja room in their house, but, they find it difficult in designing their pooja space according to Vastu.
So, in the below-mentioned section, you will get to know about the best direction or area of your house in which you can place your pooja room. By following these Vastu tips, you can effectively bring positivity to your home.
About Pooja Room
Pooja room is considered to be the epicentre of positive energy. So, people should always take the Vastu for pooja room very seriously. In the market, you can easily find the availability of various types of pooja room designs to choose from.
After you buy one, you should not ignore the Vastu due to the space constraints or lack of adequate space in your house. This is specifically because pooja mandir or pooja room at home helps to get rid of negative vibes.
Below are mentioned some of the most important Vastu tips for your home. By effectively following these particular tips, you can make your pooja room an oasis of positivity and calm.
Vastu Tips To Follow
The Ideal Direction Of Pooja Room According To Vastu
- The north-east direction can be called the best location for placing a pooja room or mandir in your house. If this does not work for you, then you can also go for the north as well as east corners.
So, whatever puja room designs, you may choose, you should be selective regarding the direction in which you are placing it.
West direction is also acceptable, in case the above-mentioned directions do not work for you. But, you should avoid placing the pooja room in the south.
- Another important thing is to make sure that your face remains in the east or the north at the time you offer prayers.
- Apart from that, you should always avoid positioning the pooja room against the bathroom wall or underneath a staircase. This is because it is thought to be inauspicious.
- One of the best things that you can do is to design the pooja room on the ground floor of your home to get the best results. According to Vastu shastra, upper floors and basements are not recommended areas for the pooja temple.
- In case, you are living in an east or north-facing flat, then you should focus on aligning the pooja room along the north, east, or northeast direction.
Puja Room Designs According To Vastu, Colors, And Direction Of Idols Of God And Goddess
- In this aspect, one of the most important things that you should keep in your mind is that the idols in the pooja room must not face the door or each other. It is an ideal option to keep them in the northeast direction.
But, you should always avoid placing the idols very much close to the wall. This will ensure a continuous flow of air specifically around the idol. Not only that, but this helps to perfectly envelop the idol with the sweet fragrance of the incense sticks.
- Apart from that, you should always avoid making use of the pooja area or space for any other purposes. You should also avoid too much storage in this space. In that case, you can select either the south or the west direction for any storage purposes.
Also, you can store all your pooja accessories, lamps, and religious books towards the southeast as it helps to ensure that nothing obstructs the sunlight.
- Another important thing to make sure of is that the windows, as well as doors of the pooja room, are open out to the east or the north direction.
- Again, you can make use of the copper vessels specifically in the pooja room as it is thought to be auspicious.
- You should place the Agni Kund and lamps, specifically in the southeast direction, and make sure, that the pooja room idols are not broken or chipped.
- Now, talking about the different color options, yellow, light blue, white, or any other subtle soothing shades are regarded as very good Vastu colors to select for the Home Temple.
By making use of these specific colors, you would be able to make a kind of meditative ambience. In case, you opt for marble, then you should always select ochre, pale yellow, or white options.
Light colors are always preferable because it helps to keep the entire space bright. On the other hand, loud or dark shades of colors can distract you at the time you offer prayers to deities.
- You should avoid putting on pictures showing violence or the deceased ones in the pooja room.
- It is ideal to have about two shutters in the door of your pooja mandir. The best thing would be to have pooja room doors made up of wood.
- If you can, you can also consider building a pyramid-shaped tower for the pooja area. This is applicable if you wish to maximize the positive vibrations in your pooja room. According to Vastu, a threshold to the pooja mandir is considered to be beneficial.
Mandir In The Living Room, Kitchen, And Other Areas
In case, you are living in a small house or else a flat, then it is understood that you may not have the required space for a dedicated pooja room. If you come across this kind of issue, then following the below-mentioned steps can help you.
- You also get the option to place the pooja mandir in the kitchen or the living room. But, one important thing is to ensure that it is in place in the northeast direction of your house.
- Having a mandir in the bedroom is not suggested. But, if you do not have any other options, then you can install this in the northeast region of the bedroom.
- Another thing that you should keep in mind is that your feet should not point towards the temple or mandir at the time you are sleeping.
Other Important Considerations
The ceiling of the pooja room should be low. You can go for a pyramid-shaped top as it will help to create a positive ambiance. This is applicable mostly in the case of a small pooja room.
Specifically, the presence of a lower ceiling along with a pyramid-shaped top helps to add symmetry. As a result, you can achieve a meditative state very easily. Also, the presence of thresholds in the definite room helps to keep insects and ants away from the sacred space.
Another important consideration is to brighten your pooja space. As it is the smallest room of your house, you will require bright lights for illuminating the space. In this regard, you can place your diyas in the northeast direction.
If it is not possible for you, then you can make use of many different types of artificial lights to choose from. Not only the pooja space will appear bright, but you get to enjoy lots of ventilation. This will help you to stay comfortable while offering prayer to the deities.
So, the above-discussed tips are some of the best to follow whenever it comes to pooja space.